Thursday, August 16, 2012

Simple Chinese stir fried noodles

So my long-term idleness which is a result of a long break from school has exposed me to new ways of keeping myself occupied so that I do not die of boredom. One of my favorite which is recipe searching and trying out various cuisines has actually become more helpful than I thought it would be. I can actually cook many different cuisines besides the usual traditional Ghanaian dishes that I hardly manage  to stay away from. This new diversion to some continental dishes (I must say very simple ones though) has actually given me the chance to try out different meals with different ingredients I initially would have never even dreamed of trying out. I am also doing my best to add a whole lot of vegetables which is an attempt to pursue this healthy diet craze that is catching on "worldwide". This evening I was browsing the internet as usual and found this sumptuous looking Chinese noodles and decided to list the ingredients and quickly get them from the grocery store. I know it may sound a bit like a cliche but I am a lover of Asian cuisine but I never really thought I was capable of preparing a meal by myself. Well tonight I did and would love to share with my fellow "Asian food lovers." Give it a try and share your thoughts and any new ideas on substitute ingredients or other different methods.

Simple Chinese Stir Fried noodles

Ingredients
  • A pack of Chinese noodles (16oz)
  • Oil (2 tablespoons)
  • Minced ginger (1 tablespoon)
  • Garlic Powder (1 tablespoon)
  • 1 bulb of onion (sliced)
  • 1 large carrot (sliced)
  • Half a pack of sliced cabbage
  • 1 bell pepper (sliced)
  • 2 hot green pepper (chopped)  *optional
  • 2 eggs
  • Chicken filet (cut up into small pieces and steamed)
  • Soy sauce (2 tablespoons)
  • Vinegar (1 tablespoon)
  • Hoison sauce (1 tablespoon)
Preparation
  1. Set water to boil to cook noodles
  2. When water reaches boiling point put noodles in the water and leave it to cook for not more that 5 minutes
  3. Pour water out and wash noodles with cold water
  4. Add a little bit of oil to prevent them from sticking together
  5. Place wok or large saucepan unto to cooker and pour the oil to allow it to heat
  6. Once oil is hot enough to fry, pour in minced ginger and allow to fry for a few seconds while stirring
  7. Next add the garlic powder and allow it to fry for a few seconds while stirring
  8. Now you can add the sliced onions and allow it to cook for one minute
  9. Add the sliced hot pepper  and allow it to cook for one minute as well. At this stage you can cover the pan to allow the pepper to simmer.
  10. Next add the bell pepper, carrots and sliced cabbage at 30 second intervals.
  11. Do not forget to keep stirring to prevent it from burning
  12. Now you can cover the pan to allow the vegetables to cook for a minute
  13. Now push the combination to the side, crack the eggs and fry them on side by. They should be scrambled
  14. Once the eggs are cooked mix them with the rest of the vegetables.
  15. Now add the steamed chicken and allow to cook for 2 minutes
  16. Add noodles to the preparation then add vinegar, Hoison sauce, soy sauce and black pepper then stir
  17. Allow mixture to cook for about 4 minutes 
  18. Meal is ready for serving

No comments:

Post a Comment